Sunday, April 22, 2012

Family and Music

     My family bonds in many ways, one of the most obvious being that we are, well... family.  However, one of the most fun ways we bond is through our love of music.  My siblings and I were brought up by my parents listening to Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and many other great composers of the Baroque/ Classical/Romantic time period.  We also enjoyed some Louie Armstrong, Prairie Rose Wranglers (cowboy music), and of course musicals.  As my siblings and I have grown older we have branched out more and learned to enjoy bluegrass, some country (mostly my older sister), folk, Celtic music (Gaelic Storm and Celtic Woman!!!!), and I personally enjoy Patsy Kline.  Most of the time there is music running in the house, either in our family CD player or on a computer.  We all, for the most part, enjoy listening to whatever is playing, and sometimes my older siblings (with far better voices than I) will start singing along.  However, one can see my family's love for music reaches its peak when my older brother and sister sing songs (sometimes duets) from Gilbert and Sullivan while they do dishes.  Nothing is more entertaining then watching and listening to them as they sing a fast exuberant song or a slow sad love song as the keep on with their washing and drying of dishes.  The sparkle in their eyes and the beams on their faces is enough to tell anyone of the enjoyment they are having.  
     Looking back over my life I am very grateful that my parents had us listening to great music as children and I hope to someday do the same for my children.  


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...