Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Only a Nerd

I never would have thought I would label myself a nerd.  However, one must face facts.  Why am I a nerd?  Well let's lay out those facts.

  1. Only a nerd when working out would think about what was going on in her muscles and then get so excited thinking about at that she would try and explain it to whoever is unfortunate enough to be within hearing range.
  2. Only a nerd would lie in her bed and think about her heart pumping blood and wondering if the ventricles were in systole or the atrium were.  Whichever one of them is not in systole, she will remind herself, must be in diastole.
  3. Only a nerd would touch things just to think about the whole process of a sensory nerve getting up to their brain and not forgetting that sensory nerves have three neurons, synapse twice and are in the posterior columns.
  4. Only a nerd would think about what hormone she must be using as she is feeling quite dehydrated.  Ah yes, Antidiuretic Hormone.
  5. Only a nerd would chew her food and tell everyone she was masticating or swallow her food and tell everyone she was deglutinating.  
  6. Only a nerd would think to herself, and then tell everyone else, as she eats her apples and carrots, "The liver must be happy as I am giving it an easy job today."
  7. Only a nerd would think about what enzymes her body was utilizing for whatever particular food she ate that day.
However, only I would tell my little brother that the orbicularis oris (the muscle around the mouth) is the kissing muscle...


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds more like a geek to me...

    EBeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, said person has been studying for an Anatomy and Physiology class final exam and that is all jumbled up in her brain cells and it keeps falling out of her mouth! So, how did that final go?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EBeth- Geek is a synonym of nerd, however...
    Aunt Donna- I think the final went alright but I couldn't say great. However, it shouldn't affect my grade at all.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...