Friday, October 5, 2012

Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies

Earlier this year my cousin gave me the names of a few food blogs that she had found good recipes from.  I was able to find several good recipes that I tried and one of them was for these chocolate gingersnap cookies.  The idea of combining ginger and chocolate sounded weird at first but I tried it anyways.  The end product was absolutely delicious!  The are nice and soft and the flavor is really great. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I did. :)


Soft Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies
2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 Cup molasses
1 egg
1 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Saigon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground ginger
1/2 Cup sugar to roll cookies in
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Slowly add in molasses and egg until well combined.
2.  In a separate mixing bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Slowly add to wet ingredients, beat on low until just combined.
3.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll into sugar then place onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Press each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.  Now, time to eat!
4-5 dozen cookies 
Note- Dough will be quite sticky.


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. I'm for anything that has chocolate! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...