Thursday, May 2, 2013

Book Questionnaire

I saw a questionnaire on a couple different blogs (Kelli's and Suzanne's). It was about books so obviously I had to fill it out.
Sorry about the skeletons and my skull collection in the background...
They are always getting in the way of my pictures. 

  1. Do you snack while you read? Not habitually. Every once and a while I will.
  2. What is your favorite drink while reading? Probably tea... though I don't normally drink anything while I'm reading because I'm afraid of spilling my beverage on my book.
  3. Do you tend to mark your books while you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? This depends on the book I'm reading. Fiction books, never. Non-fiction sometimes. Of course I always mark up my textbooks. 
  4. How do you keep your place while reading a book? A bookmark. I have a ton that I have made, were given to me, or were freebies so I never am at a shortage.
  5. Are you the type of person who tends to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere? I used to only be able to stop reading when I was to the end of the chapter but now I am more flexible, though I would still rather wait until the end of the chapter.
  6. Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you? No! Absolutely no! If there is one thing I learned from my parents, it was that books were never to be dropped, thrown, or stepped on. I did learn other things from them too... like how to read, what to read.... but I digress.
  7. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away? I don't normally come across an unfamiliar word. If I don't know one though, I can usually figure it out from the context of the sentence/paragraph.
  8. What are you currently reading? Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.
  9. What is the last book you bought? I don't buy a lot of books as my family already has so many. However, recently I have begun to build my own collection. The last bunch of books I got are from a library book sale I went to with a friend. I got several cookbooks, some Agatha Christie novels, The Chosen by Chaim Potok, some Shakespeare, and a lot of other books. 
  10. Do you have a favorite time/place to read? I read when I have time... or sometimes when I don't have time but just feel like it. My favorite place to read is without a doubt my bed. I'm such a slug. But I also don't mind reading on a couch, or comfy chair.
  11. Do you prefer series books or stand alones? I enjoy series a lot because you stick with the characters for a longer time and see a lot more development. However, my favorite book is a stand alone so I really just think it depends.
  12. Is there specific book you find yourself recommending over and over? Any Jane Austen... especially Pride and Prejudice, The Lord of the Rings, any Dickens. Just classics in general.
  13. How do you organize your books? I had them all alphabetized on one shelf of my bookshelf but after the last buying of books I had to expand that. I still have the one shelf alphabetized but now some of my nicer looking books are part of the decorative side of my bookshelf now.
Comment with a link to your blog post with answers or if you don't have a blog just leave your answers in the comments section! :)


Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

3 comments:

  1. I guess that questionnaire is going around! I did one too: http://www.chasingthere.com/2013/04/books-galore-questionnaire.html

    And by the way, I love Jules Verne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read The Lord of the Rings too! :) Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them that I did. :P

    I like your answer about marking up books. Makes perfect sense to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to fill this questionnaire out, too. You can read my answers here: http://www.averagegeek4christ.blogspot.com/2013/05/reading-questionnaire.html

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...