Friday, May 31, 2013

Monthly Report Card- May 2013

May was long, stressful, fun and joyful all rolled into one. Some months are just like that.
VERY BIG NEWS.... I just found out today that I got accepted into the Nursing program for this fall. Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile no how long and how hard of a journey it has been to get to this point. I wrote this post last year about this time after I had graduated from highschool and in that post I said that I hoped that this time next year I would be writing about being accepted into the nursing program... and it is so cool to see that it came true and that all of the hard work did pay off. Anyways... here's how my resolutions went.

Study REALLY Hard- A

I think I did a good job with this though the last week or so I probably didn't work as hard as I should have because I knew I was in a position where my grades were secure pretty much no matter what I did. However, ironically enough, I scarcely studied for my last Pathophysiology and still only got six out of fifty wrong and one of the 5 extra credit questions wrong. I'm just that smart. ;)

Get all A's!!!- A (that isn't ironic at all)

Yes I did! :) 

Read or Re-Read at least 5 books- A

I read Around the World in Fifty Days, Journey to the Center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. I also re-read Out of the Silent Planet. That would be 5!!!! :)

Exercise in some form at least three times a week- A

Way to easily achieved. I will probably be upping this goal to exercise every day, or every day of the week except one.

Stick to my diet- A

I have stuck to it, I had a couple graduation receptions that messed me up some but besides that pretty good. I ended up increasing my calorie goals because I was afraid I was eating too little and I'd lost enough that I felt a slower weight loss would be acceptable. 

Lose 4 Pounds- F

Not achieved. I think though this was largely due to the fact that I started lifting weights and as you all should know, muscle weighs more than fat. I have nice biceps (let's not talk about my triceps though) now so I should be happy nonetheless. Just to clarify, I did lose one pound... it's not like I gained weight. :)

Cut down on electronics time- C

Eh... okay.... not the best. Average.... that's what a C is after all.

Make a Summer bucket list- A

Completed as well as a summer reading/re-reading list.  

Write at least three more blog posts this month- A

Achieved with honors (whatever that means). Book Questionnaire, No Stress Finals Week, Summer reading/re-reading list, Summer Bucket List, I'm a Barista.... and a Librarian, and Bookworm Questionnaire. That makes six MUST READ blog posts. :) I really should have gotten more done... but I didn't. Oh well, there is next month. :)    

I think that makes a B... I didn't really calculate it. 
In other news, we got internet out at my grandparents. :) Makes me happy. 
Have a great last few hours of the month and looking forward to June!  
Linking up with Kelli at She Learns as She Goes

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being accepted in the Nursing Program! :D Your hard work has payed off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with the nursing program!! That's so exciting! :) And thanks for all your support over at MFP. :) It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...