Saturday, January 18, 2014

Movie Review- Frozen

With Disney I just tend to be skeptical anymore. However the trailer for Frozen looked somewhat promising and I decided to give it a try, especially after several high recommendations. I'm so glad I did because I really enjoyed Frozen.
First coming out of the movie my comment was that the the music was it's weakest point but after almost a week of constantly listening to the music, I'm taking that back. I've come to really enjoy the music, especially "In Summer", "Do you want to build a snowman", and "Let it Go". The music is more modern, which is what first turned me off from it but it has really grown on me. The story is very sweet and different for Disney in that it focuses on the love between the two sisters. Spoiler Alert Also, for the first time in forever, Disney didn't have the princess marry someone she only knew for a day. End of Spoiler Frozen was funny, and not just goofy funny, but actually funny. From the trailer, Iwas afraid Olaf would just be a goofy funny but he actually did not come off like that… to me at least.
A little analysis on the song "Let it Go", because I think it can come off as teenage rebellion. In the song Elsa has just fled the kingdom after her magical powers being discovered. Her whole life she has been told "conceal, don't feel, don't let it show." Now though, the secret is out and at first she is depressed by that and then she realizes, well now they know so concealing her powers doesn't matter anymore. So she "Let's it go". I would say the song is very reactionary. Elsa is reacting against having to conceal her powers her whole life and being pent up and now she is letting her powers out and declaring she'll never go back. In a way she is a whole new woman and in a way she finally has her own life. I want to say in a way she can "be herself" but I hate that term. Essentially though that is what happening but in a good way. That's just my opinion on the song, probably not the best worded or thought out though. :)
In the end, I really enjoyed Frozen and I recommend you to try it out. :)
P.S. Be sure to check out my new tab with my list of favorite books. :)

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...