Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR List

So I'm realizing that I am signing up for a LOT of challenges! Do I stop? No! I just keep signing up! The more the merrier! Until of course I hit the end of next year and wonder where the time went and I have tons of books to finish. Are any of y'all signing up for reading challenges this year? I'm currently signed up for seventeen!!! Yikes! What was I thinking?
Anyways, if you just love signing up for reading challenges be sure to check out my Birthday Month Reading Challenge and my Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge.
So... Top Ten Tuesday... The theme this week is my Winter TBR list. Some of these books are ones I need to get done before the end of the year for my reading challenges and others I'm looking forward to reading in 2015. Who else is excited about a fresh year of reading?!!?!?!?!? I'm just a little excited to start all of my new challenges! :)

To complete before the end of 2014

1) Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther by Roland Bainton (TBR Pile Challenge)
2) The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo (TBR Pile Challenge)
3) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (need to finish by January 5th for my Classiscs Club spin)

To Read in 2015 (or in 2014 if I have time) 

4) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
5) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
6) That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
6) Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
8) Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
9) The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander (Re-read)
10) The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (Re-read)

Linking up with Broke and Bookish 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying Brave New World! I read it a few years ago and thought it was really interesting. Your to-read list for 2015 looks great too, read a number of them and liked it (Rebecca, Memoirs of a Geisha). Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see some classics on your list! Happy reading!

    http://ireadboooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/top-ten-books-on-my-winter-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have some Wilkie Collins books on my Classics Club list and I'm really looking forward to them. You've got some great challenges coming up. I'm hoping to figure out which challenges I can do next year and sign up for a few. I love the idea of the Birthday reading challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moonstone is amazing! I have some of his others on my list, which I'm looking forward to reading.

      Delete
  4. Can you say Ambitious? These books are almost all considered classics. None of them are easy reads. Some of them are hanting. I support you in your list! Can you say awesome?...knew you could

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the TBR Pile challenge for 2015. My blog is still new so this will be my first challenge. :) I am trying not to sign up for too many though because I don't want my reading choices to be limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Last year was my first year and I signed up for only a few... this year I'm getting a little carried away. ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm the same way with reading challenges! I love this time of year when all the new (and recurring) challenges start appearing. Such fun! And yes, I always over-commit myself, too. That's part of the fun. :) It's been forever since I've read the Prydain Chronicles. Sounds like a good winter reread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wuthering Heights and Memoirs of a Geisha are on my 2015 TBR List. Nice

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...