Monday, April 13, 2015

It's Monday! Too much school taking up too much time!

I feel as if the nursing instructors collaborated on how to make their poor students the most miserable and decided to make everything happen this week. :(
We have a health fair we need to do a presentation for and our all important pharmacology test that I kind of put off studying for until the week before this week and it's stressing me out. The health fair I could care less about... it's not going to be useful to me in the long run and is not worth that many points. However, the pharmacology is actually important and useful and is worth a lot of points. So why do I feel like I spent equal amounts of time preparing for them?!?!??!
Rant over... maybe. ;)
In better news, I was at work last week and there was a book my boss was investigating to see if it had mold and it happened to be The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, which I've read before and enjoyed. I jokingly suggested that whether or not it had mold she should just weed it and give it to me. However, she liked that idea when she discovered that it had only been ever checked out twice since we'd had it and one of the times it was I that checked it out. So is scored a free book! I should re-read it now to celebrate but I doubt that will happen any time soon. :(
I also scored a few books at Goodwill when I popped in for some therapeutic book buying after a long day of studying. :)
So here's my reading week!

Finished this week

  • King Lear by William Shakespeare

Currently Reading

  • The Valley of Vision
  • Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott (re-read)- Definitely better the second time! I'm for sure moving my rating on Goodreads up from a three star to a four star. Not sure after that... possibly a five.

Coming Soon

  • Armadale by Wilkie Collins (as you can see this is a favorite of author of mine!)
  • The Borrowers by Mary Norton
  • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

Reviews Posted this Week

P.S. Please pray for Sheila at Book Journey who hosts this link up. Her son passed away a couple weeks ago. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to be done with those crazy weeks of school. Someday you will look back at this and feel that same sense of relief. Prayers for getting through it! (And therapeutic book buying always helps too. ) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...