Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved from Books I Read this Year

I have not been keeping track of favorite book quotes as well as I did last year but I'll try my best. :) Additionally, I've forgone including quotes from The Valley of Vision even though it had my very favorites because as it was a book of prayers every quote was a huge long prayer so I figured that would be too long for this post. Just go read it yourself and enjoy! ;)
  1. "It's taste might be forgotten, but not the tradition."- Death of a Red Heroine by Qui Xiaolong 
  2. "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."- Emma by Jane Austen (re-read)
  3. "I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train."- The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde 
  4. "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved reading. One does not love to breathe."- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (re-read)
  5. "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (re-read)
  6. "Every day is important for us because it is ordained by God. If we are bored with life there is something wrong with our concept of God and His involvement in our daily lives. Even the most dull and tedious days of our lives are ordained by God and ought to be used by us to glorify Him."- Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
  7. "Because God is sovereign he, He is able to answer. Because He is faithful to his promises, He will answer."- Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
  8. "Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love."- The Brother's Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky 
  9. "Of course Lady Arabella could not suckle the young heir herself. Ladies Arabella never can."- Doctor Throne by Anthony Trollope 
  10. "Sometimes heroism is nothing more than patience, curiosity and a refusal to panic"- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. I love the Brothers Karamazov quote. You have a lot of wonderful quotes here.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote from Emma has to be my favourite from the book :) Great selection of quotes!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. #3 made me chuckle. Is the whole play that funny? I may have to read it! :) #8 is lovely. Okay, and 10. And 9 is funny.

    Good choices all around! Is my point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is so much funnier than just that quote! It's a hilarious play! :)

      Delete
  4. I love that quote from The Brothers Karamazov (even though I haven't read it, yet!). And any Jane Austen quote is a good one :) - Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes! 8 and 10 were especially awesome;)

    GURL. THE HEADER. It makes me happy; loves it :D Seriously! It's beautiful, Lois!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanted to get a Call the Midwife picture in my header. :)

      Delete
  6. Peace Like a River was such a beautifully written book!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...