Thursday, March 3, 2016

Classics Club Spin! March 2016

It's time for another Classics Club spin! If you aren't familiar with the Classics Club be sure to go check it out HERE.

Books I'm Looking Forward To
1) The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
2) Mr. Midshipman Hornblower by C.S. Forester
3) Waverly by Sir Walter Scott
4) The Once and Future King by T.H. White
5) The Mark of Zorro by Johnston McCulley
Book's I Feel Neutral About
6) Kim by Rudyard Kipling
7) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
8) Madam Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
9) Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
10) Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
Book's I'm Dreading
11) The Divine Comedy by Dante
12) Dracula by Bram Stoker
13) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
14) Don Quixote by Cervantes
15) A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
William Shakespeare
16) The Tempest by William Shakespeare
17) Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
18) The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
19) Richard III by William Shakespeare
20) A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare

Next Monday The Classics Club will chose a random number from 1-20 and whichever book that corresponds to on my list will be the book I read!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Dracula is one of my favorite novels. I read it at least once a year, usually in October for Halloween.

    For Dante, I think the translation is key to being able to understand it. I've only read the Inferno myself, but I eventually want to read Purgatory & Paradisio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dreading but still rather intrigued by Dracula. We'll see how I like it.
      I'm not sure what translation of The Divine Comedy my parents own. I never thought about that. It does make a difference though.

      Delete
  2. The Once and Future King and Dante's Diving Comedy are on my TBR lists too (although I doubt I will get around to Dante anytime soon). Please let me know what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, "Diving Comedy"! Obviously I meant "Divine" it was just a typo XD

      Delete
    2. That's funny! My typos are pretty spectacular normally so I think that one is pretty minor. ;)
      I've heard a lot of good things about The Once and Future King so I'm excited to read it. I know little about the Divine Comedy though.... I think it will probably be tedious though.

      Delete
  3. The Divine Comedy is amazing, but it's not easy! You've got some good stuff there, hope you like what you get :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Dracula last March, and I was very surprised by how much I liked it, especially since I was hesitant to read it. The Age of Innocence is one of my favorite books, and I liked Don Quixote as well. Good luck with your spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people say they were pleasantly surprised by Dracula so I'm hopeful. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice list! Of the Shakespeare, I've only read The Tempest and Midsummer Night's Dream, both of which I loved. From your Dreading List, I've read Dracula, East of Eden, and A Raisin in the Sun, and liked all of them -- you can easily read Raisin in the Sun in one sitting. And I actually found Madame Bovary to be riveting -- she's kind of a train wreck, but I couldn't stop reading because I had to find out how it would end. Good luck with your spin pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your analysis! I've liked every Shakespeare I've read so far.

      Delete
  6. I need to get my Classics Club spin post up this weekend. I read East of Eden last year and was surprised by how much I loved it. I don't usually like American lit. And Dracula is amazingly rich. I'll be eager to see which book you'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really like American Lit either. Hopefully East of Eden will be different. :)

      Delete
  7. We share Return of the Native this spin :-)

    East of Eden is my favourite Steinbeck to date and Age of Innocence my very favourite Wharton. I watched the BBC Hornblower series with Ioan Gruffudd and fell a little in love. I've often wondered if the books would be as good.

    Happy Spinning!
    http://bronasbooks.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/cc-spin-12.htmlhttp://bronasbooks.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/cc-spin-12.html

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...